Saturday, February 24, 2007

Dream: Afro Pete and the Foot-Stabbing Booger Spider

There are weird smelling bugs in my dining room. They resemble Termites with an extra Thorax. As I murder them ruthlessly, a strange sweet smell emanates from the black smudge in my hands. As I enter the next room to advise my housemate, Reid, of this issue, I see a strange spider retreat to the legs of our wooden chair in the kitchen. Its web is uncommonly thick, and its legs look like the teeth of a saw, until they come to an extra smooth and hard point, like a candy cane that has been converted into a shank by sucking it sharp. I wonder if the spider can solve the problem of the black bugs, but there are more in the kitchen, and none in its web. Due to the troubling look of the spider, I move in to murder it, but it is quick. Moving back, dodging my foot, the spider simultaneously came down on my sneaker with its foreleg. My shoe was not pierced but i thought it should have been. I was then shot in the nose by the coagulative web that the spider is uniquely capable of weaving. I pick my nose. I know the spider is not after my eyes, it is not a mistake that the sticky blob hit my nose. This is a skilled spider. I am very afraid. My heart races as I decide to retaliate, using the stomping method again, this time with my left foot. He is waiting for me to attack again. The Booger Spider once again stabs at my shoe. One more attack on either shoe and the spike of the spider will definitely go through. Now the spider has me cornered. I back my self into the bathroom and grab hold of the towel rails on both sides of me. The spider waits. I move in with my feet, one last time. It is going to be me or the Booger Spider, we cannot coexist. As the spider raises its mighty Cephalothorax, I raise both of my sneaker-shielded feet into the air. Sensing the new danger of a hoovering enemy, the Booger Spider retreats into the warm hands of its newly revealed master; Afro Pete! I cannot believe it! Pete thinks I am doing well with my new spider; one he bought me for my Birthday! He says I am finally getting the hang of the footwork, and lets the now tame spider walk out of his hands to go frolic about the kitchen. Before I can drop kick him, or ask him for an explanation of the facts I know to be true but almost unimaginable, Afro Pete looks at me with a consoling smile and beady puppy-dog eyes, and I Wake Up.

No comments: